This is literally the best chicken salad on the planet. Chicken salad with dried cranberries and almonds is the only way to go!!
Our Great-Aunt Lucille's recipe for Chicken Salad is crazy amazing! This Chicken Salad is easily a family favorite. We've served it at many bridal showers, weddings, and baby showers! This chicken salad isn't just special, but has so many memories tied to it! We hope you love it as much as our family does! Chicken Salad With Dried Cranberries and Almonds will turn you into a chicken salad snob!
Chicken Salad With Dried Cranberries and Almonds
- Add chicken breasts, white onion, carrots, celery, bay leaves, and salt & pepper to a pot. Allow chicken to simmer until cooked enough that it will shred and no longer pink. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees. Do not over cook as your chicken will be tough. When chicken is fully cooked shred it and set aside.
- In a large bowl add shredded chicken, diced celery, purple onion, toasted almonds, craisins, mayo, and miracle whip to a large bowl.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Scoop the chicken salad in the croissant or toasted ciabatta roll and enjoy!
- This makes about 12 cups of filling and I put a 1/2 cup in each small croissant. So it will fill approximately 2 dozen large croissants.
There is absolutely nothing on earth I hate more than mayo.....and I mean NOTHING! With that being said, sometimes you have to use it and this is where I become a mayo snob! It has to be Hellmann's Mayonnaise and you need to use both mayo and miracle whip. The recipe calls for 1 1/2 cup of each and I only use 1 cup of each.
- This salad is best if serve at least 4 hours after making, 24 hours is best so all the flavors intensify.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Best served on a croissant, toasted demi baguette, or toasted ciabatta.
- I love croissants, but sometimes they have an "old" texture feel to them. I like to put mine on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes. This will make that store bought croissant super flaky!
- Toast almonds in a frying pan. Watch them closely as they will only take a couple minutes to toast! If you prefer not to toast them, add uncooked almonds to the bowl, they will be a little chewy if you skip toasting step!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Chocolate Fondue
- Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- Painting Walls for Beginners
- Wood Staining 101
- DIY Electrical Spool Clock
- Italian Nachos
- Broccoli Soup
- Cranberry Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Almond Joy Cake Mix Cookies
- Potato Salad
- Pumpkin French Toast
- 8 Full Chicken Breasts
- 3 Large Carrots
- 1 Large White Onion quarted
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 4 Stalks Celery
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 cup Purple Onion Finely DIced
- ½-¾ cup Almonds Sliced and Toasted
- 2-3 stalks celery diced
- 1-1 ½ cups Craisins
- 1-1 ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1-1 ½ cup Miracle Whip
- Boil the chicken in a large pot with 3 large carrots, 4 celery stalks, 1 large onion, 4 bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Once the chicken is cooked, shred it and set it aside. Add purple onion, almonds, fresh celery, craisins, and chicken. Add the mayo and miracle whip to the bowl. Combined. Stir and refrigerate. It's best to let this sit for a few hours or up to 24 hours before serving. Scoop it into a fresh croissant or toasted ciabatta and enjoy!!