Easy Chocolate Fondue with Ghirardelli Chocolate to make any occasion a little more special! This fondue is the right amount sweet with the perfect amount of chocolate.
What is fondue?
Fondue is when you dip small pieces of food into a liquid substance. Our "go to" is Chocolate Fondue. However, we love making a meal out of fondue so we use peanut oil in our fondue pots and cook steak, chicken, and shrimp!
It makes for a very fun meal! Perfect for holiday's or special occasions.
If you've never had chocolate fondue, PREPARE YOURSELF! This Easy Chocolate Fondue with Ghirardelli Chocolate is fantastic! Did I mention it's also easy to make?!
Easy Chocolate Fondue with Ghirardelli ChocolateJump to Recipe
Put ingredients in a medium sized saucepan. Whisk on low to medium heat until all ingredients melt and incorporate together. We put this in our fondue pot when finished to keep it warm while eating!
**Makes approximately 3 cups.**
Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan.
Whisk on low to medium heat until chocolate is melted and well incorporated.
Serve in fondue pot. Dip raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, bananas, pretzel rods, marshmallows, rice krispie treats, shortbread cookies, or milano cookies in chocolate
- Serve with raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, bananas, pretzel rods, marshmallows, rice crispy treats, and pepperidge farm butter cookies & milano cookies.
- Extra fondue can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To reheat you can use either a fondue pot or in microwave in 10 second increments. *Be sure to stir after each 10 seconds to prevent scourging.
- We don't recommend using a small crockpot to heat you fondue unless it has a temperature control.
- We have found the results are best when using our favorite fondue maker. It can be used for both oil and chocolate!
- Make a double batch....you won't regret it!
Easy Chocolate Fondue
- Fondue Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- 6 ounces Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate
- 6 ounces Ghirardelli milk chocolate
- 1 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Real Butter
- Put ingredients in a medium sized saucepan.
- Whisk on low to medium heat until all ingredients melt and incorporate together.
- Put in fondue pot to serve.
- Dip raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, bananas, pretzel rods, marshmallows, rice krispie treats, shortbread cookies, or milano cookies in chocolate
Hello. I'm wanting to make this recipe in a 3qt electric fondue maker. Should I double the recipe? I want to make sure I have enough. Expecting 20 people. Thank you.
We also use a 3 qt. fondue machine. 1 batch fits greats but we usually do 1 1/2 batches and it's just right. As a frame of reference 1 batch will make approximately 3 cups of fondue.
Cassie and Sadie
Do you think this will work in a small slow cooker?
First of all, thanks for stopping by!
My sister and I worried the chocolate will burn in a slow cooker because you aren't able to control the exact temperature throughout the cooking process. We'd avoid the slow cooker just to be safe.
Hope you make it and love it,
Does this recipe solidify after cooling? Does it need to remain warm to be dip-able? I want to pre make it and keep it at room temperature.
This fondue solidifies, but will still be soft. We recommend keeping it warm so it’s dip-able! If you choose to make it ahead of time, simply warm it before serving!
I made this for Valentines-super easy and very yummy! I have left overs, can I freeze it?
I made this for Valentines Day-super easy and very yummy! I have left overs, can I freeze it?