Easiest 1 hour cinnamon rolls
Our granny taught us to make these easy 1-hour cinnamon rolls a few months ago. They are easy to make, fluffy, and gooey all at the same time! Don’t ask us how it’s possible, but it is!
Step by step cinnamon roll instructions
These photos below of our adorable grandma will be beloved for years to come! I love the shots with her hands. These hands have fed a lot of people and served countless others over the last 86 years!
Don’t forget to rate the recipe or comment below after you have made them!
Easy 1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls
- Stand Mixer
- 3 1/2 cup warm water
- 6 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp salt
- 10-11 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add 3 1/2 cups of warm water to your mixing bowl.
- Add 6 tablespoons of yeast.
- Add 1 cup of oil.
- Add 3/4 cup white sugar.
- Mix and let sit for 15 minutes.
- While waiting, make your cinnamon roll filling.
- Mix 2 cups of brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of cinnamon together, set aside.
- Now that water, yeast, oil, and sugar has sat for 15 minutes, add beaten eggs, salt, and flour to the mixture.
- Mix the dough for 3 minutes.
- Flour your counter or pastry cloth.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface into a big rectangle, 1/2'' thick.
- Soften 1/2 cup butter in the microwave.
- Spread butter evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture over the butter.
- Roll dough into a log shape.
- Cut cinnamon rolls out with a sharp knife or piece of floss.
- Place on greased jelly roll pan, 12 rolls per pan.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in microwave-safe bowl. Butter should be bubbling and hot.
- Add 1/4 cup heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla to butter.
- Mix well until icing is very smooth.
- Ice the cinnamon rolls once they come out of the oven.
Looking for other dessert recipes? Here are a few favorites: