Dense and moist zucchini bars with creamy cream cheese frosting are a crowd pleaser! You’ll gladly take your neighbors extra zucchini crop! Jump to Recipe
ZUCCHINI BARS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
My neighbors have kept me stocked with zucchini this summer and I’m so grateful! This is a super easy recipe for zucchini bars and this moist sheet cake is topped with the perfect cream cheese frosting!
All of my zucchini recipes call for 2 cups of shredded zucchini, so I buy the pint freezer bags and fill them with 2 cups. I freeze them and then I am covered through the winter! I grab out a bag and let it thaw on a plate for a couple of hours before I use it. I love that I can whip up these delicious bars up in no time!
Now let me introduce you to one of the best bar recipes to welcome in the Fall season!
- Add flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, oil (I use vegetable), applesauce, eggs, vanilla, and zucchini in a bowl or KitchenAid mixture.
- Mix all together until incorporated.
- Pour into a greased 12″x17″ jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Completely cool to the touch.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting once cake has completely cooled.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- 12"x17" Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Zucchini, Shredded
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 cup Butter Real , Softened
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- Add flour, both sugars, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger, eggs, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add zucchini and mix to incorporated
- Pour batter into a greased 12"x17" jelly-roll baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to completely cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Whip cream cheese and butter until well incorporated and smooth.
- Add and mix powdered sugar and cream.
- When cake is completely cool frost with cream cheese frosting.