These Idaho nachos are a copycat version of the Idaho Nachos from the new Fort Hall Casino restaurant near our home town. They are so yummy and easy to make!
Ever had Idaho Nachos before?! Think crispy waffle fries topped with cheese, bacon, tomatoes, green onions, and ranch dressing. YUM!
Nachos make for a great super bowl appetizer or NYE dinner. Heck, I like nachos as a quick dinner during the week too! Can we all just agree that nachos work for any and all occasions?Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
How to make Idaho Nachos
- Cook an entire bag of waffle fries following directions on the bag. Shoot for crispy fries.
- While fries are cooking, fry up a pound of bacon and chop it.
- Once fries are done, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over fries and cook for a minute or two until it is melted.
- Remove from oven and start layering.
- The first layer is nacho cheese. Heat it in the microwave before drizzling over fries.
- Next, add the chopped bacon.
- Sprinkle green onions and tomatoes next.
- Finish off the nachos with a big drizzle of ranch dressing. The ranch dressing can also be used as a dip instead of a drizzle.
You can seriously throw these Idaho Nachos together in 30 minutes or less! I love a quick meal.
These nachos are also a crowd-pleaser. My picky kids even love them and that is really saying A LOT.
- Prepare Idaho Nacho toppings ahead of time and cook the fries RIGHT BEFORE serving.
- Eat nachos immediately after making them as they can go soggy.
- Feel free to add or take away toppings based on preference. There are a lot of possibilities here!
- Italian Nachos
- Parmesan and Ham Cheeseball
- Pizza Dip
- Chocolate Fondue
- Spinach Dip
- Chunky Guacamole
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 24 ounce bag of frozen waffle fries
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup liquid nacho cheese heated
- 1 pound bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Lay waffle fries on a jelly roll pan and cook according to directions on bag.
- While fries cook, fry up your bacon and chop it.
- Once fries are cookies, sprinkle shredded cheese and cook for a minutes or two untillmelted,
- Remove fries from oven and drizzle warmed nacho cheese over fries.
- Top with chopped bacon, green onions, & tomatoes
- Drizzle with ranch dressing and serve immediately.