The perfect topping on ice cream, pie, or cake. You simply need to make this Delicious Homemade Blueberry Topping .... you won't regret it!
Delicious Homemade Blueberry Topping
Boy oh boy friends, do I have a treat for you! This Delicious Homemade Blueberry Topping is just a simple recipe that I came up with that can be used with so many desserts! I'm usually all about raspberry topping, but I had fresh frozen blueberries and they won, I'm so pleased they did! This topping would be perfect on ice cream, pie, or cake. We paired it with The yummiest Cream Cheese Pie. You simply need to make this topping.... you won't regret it!
Easy Blueberry Topping Step-by-step
- Gather Ingredients. You'll need cornstarch, granulated sugar, water, blueberries, and lemon juice.
- Put sugar and cornstarch in saucepan and mix together with a whisk with a metal whisk.
- Next add Blueberries, fresh or frozen will work!
- Now add the water.
- Time for the Lemon Juice.
- Turn heat to medium-high as you cook filling.
- After mixture has boiled for 2 minutes turn heat down to low and allow to thicken- this will take about 10 minutes.
- Let your Delicious Homemade Blueberry Topping cool at room temperature, store in the refrigerator or top ypour favorite dessert!
- Stock up on fresh blueberries when they are in season and store in the freezer for blueberry topping all year long!
- With your whisk "sift" dry ingredients to eliminate lumps!
- This is the perfect fresh blueberry topping for cheesecake!
- Easy Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Easy 3 Ingredient Ice Cream Pie
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Buttermilk Syrup
- Fresh Fruit Pie
- 2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 cup Sugar granulated
- ½ cup Water
- 2 cups Blueberries Fresh or Frozen
- Put sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and mix together with a whisk. This is an easy way to incorporate the cornstarch into the mixture and helps avoid little balls of cornstarch.
- Add ½ cup water and turn heat to medium-high.
- Add 2 cups blueberries allow to thicken.
- Add 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and stir it in.
- Let cool at room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator.