Flaky Pie Crust isn’t hard to make. in fact, i have the easiest, flaky pie crust recipe to share with you today. this is the pie crust that gets complimented time and time again.
Do you love a good pie crust?
How about a pie crust that is so easy to make, you only need a mixing bowl and a fork!
I always forget how good this recipe is until I have a piece of pie from a some one else…..it just doesn’t compare to this recipe, I promise! My Grandma Arave has been wowing us with this flaky pie crust for years, and now it’s our turn to share it with you!
Flaky Pie Crust
Add 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening.
*careful to not over mix!
fill with your favorite filling!
Flaky Pie Crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp ice-cold water
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and mix
- Add 1/2 cup of shortening and mix with a fork until evenly distributed and only small pea-size amounts of shortening remain
- Add 3 tbsp of ice water and mix just until incorporated and the dough has formed
- Grab a pastry mat and lightly sprinkle with flour place dough in the center circle
- Place dough in the center of the mat
- Begin rolling dough outwards and work it around the entire ball to form a 12" circle.
- Sprinkle the crust with a little flour and lift the mat folding the dough in half
- Fold the dough in half again.
- Now that the dough is folded into quarters, place it in the pie dish and gently unfold it.
- Once unfolded trim the pie crust evenly around the perimeter, I typically do half an inch.
- Finish the edge and poke with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until slightly golden
- Let cool and fill with your favorite filling!
Caring is sharing, don’t forget to pin it!