Our favorite, most requested recipe ever....Sugar cookies with soft no chill dough.Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
The perfect sugar cookie
I am not sure what it is about sugar cookies but I am obsessed with them! This sugar cookie recipe is a crowd favorite because it is easy to make, the cookies are tender, and the taste is out of this world!! A light buttery taste you can't beat.
Our family loves the sugar cookies from the Mini Bazaar in Idaho Falls, ID. One time Cassie's husband Rex ate a whole plate of them.... let's just say he doesn't eat sugar cookies anymore.
This recipe is brought to you by our Arave cousins.
A Simple sugar cookie recipe
We love simple recipes. A dough that doesn't have to be chilled works great for our "no patience" personalities! We hope you enjoy this sugar cookie recipe as much as we do!! If you're in the market for some other sugar cookies, check out our SHORTBREAD COOKIES, SWIG COPYCAT SUGAR COOKIES, or even our FRUIT PIZZA SUGAR COOKIES.
SUGAR COOKIES WITH SOFT NO CHILL DOUGH
- Stand Mixer
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2-4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 1/5 tsp almond extract
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in butter.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Slowly add in flour mixture.
- Roll and cut out cookies.
- Transfer cut out cookies to a greased cookie sheet using a thin metal spatula. (silicon baking mat or parchment paper recommended)
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together with mixer until frosting is thick and smooth