DIY tissue paper tassel garland is SUCH a cute way to up your party game! Grab a Dr. Pepper and sit down in front of the tv, because we are about to get our craft on!! ps….you can save your garland & reuse it for parties to come!
DIY Tissue Paper Tassels
DIY tissue paper tassels
- Tissue Paper- 1 piece makes 1 tassel
- Fold your tissue paper in half, then in half again so you have a perfect square. (I use 20″ x 20″ paper, so it measured 10″ x 10″ after folding)
- Cut strips up the 10”x10” square, leaving 1 1/2″ at the top uncut
- Unfold the tassel so it’s 10″ x 20″
- Begin rolling the tissue paper along your uncut top border
- Pull up two sets of tissue strips out of the roll (this will be the piece that you’ll thread the string or ribbon through.)
- Next, hold the two strips along the border you are rolling with your right hand. Twist the strips with your left handwith your left hand until they make a tight little rope.
- Fold the new rop down to create a loop
- Now tape a piece of scotch tape to secure the loop in place
- Next, continue rolling along the border, even further securing the loop in place
- Aftter the tassel has been rolled, secure the last roll in place with a piece of scotch tape
- Fluff the tassel and you’re done!!
- Thread string through the loops of all of your tissue paper tassels and hang. it. up.
Like to watch DIY tutorials? Check out my video below: **Note that I am using a material called Oly-Fun made by Fairfield World. The same principles apply to both DIY tissue paper tassels and Oly-Fun tassels. Enjoy!